Education and Training
Counseling for Family Health
Counseling for Family Health was originally opened in July, 2010 in Celebration, Florida, just a bike ride away from the gates to Disney World. Located in a small town originally developed by Disney, CFH dealt with some unique community issues but concentrated on the many challenges we all face - individual loss, anxiety, depression and unwanted change, couples coping with each other, and families dealing with the complications of meshing conflicting needs and personalities. Eileen Crawford built strong community relationships with school counselors and administrators, doctors, clergy and community leaders, and welcomed the opportunity to build on her CFH platform to serve as President of the Celebration Foundation, and found WINGS - Women's Initiative Nurturing Girls' Strength, a program for students in grades 5-8 created to build self-esteem, confidence and leadership in girls. The program grew each year, touching over 1,000 students annually, and was an integral part of the School Improvement Plan, serving as a model throughout the Osceola County School District.
In early 2020, Eileen and her husband Brian decided it was time to head to the beach, and back "home" to Jax where they had met in college at JU. They are parents of three adult children who live throughout the world, and proud grandparents of two little ones. Eileen looks forward to building connections in their new home in Nocatee, and providing the Ponte Vedra community with valuable counseling services and education on good mental health.
Fees and Insurance
Fees for counseling are $135 for 50-minute sessions. Couples therapy has a separate fee schedule as some sessions are longer and fees vary from $135 to $175. A limited sliding fee scale for individual therapy is available. Please call Eileen for details. Cash, checks, HSA cards, American Express, VISA, Master Card and Discover are all accepted.
Eileen does not accept insurance directly but can provide a receipt for you to submit to your insurance company if out-of-network mental health benefits are available to you. Eileen is an EAP provider through E4/New Directions.
Mrs. Crawford is a Florida Licensed Mental Health Counselor and founder and owner of Counseling for Family Health. She has extensive experience working with all aspects of family life: From preparing for marriage and the arrival of babies to managing the challenges of the growing-up years, and the inevitable transitions as children leave home, while family needs grow and roles change. Eileen is also effective in treating individual conditions such as anxiety, depression, grief and loss. She has worked in a variety of settings, from a public agency to schools, doctors' offices, a community family counseling program and in her own private practice for the past ten years. Eileen is an engaging workshop presenter, writer, lecturer and educator, always welcoming the opportunity to help audiences empower themselves with knowledge and understanding of the importance of good mental health.
Education and Training
* Florida Licensed Mental Health Counselor - FL MH #10334
* Stetson University - MS in School Counseling and Family Consultation
* The Citadel - MBA
* Jacksonville University - BA in Psychology & Sociology
* The Gottman Institute - Certified Educator in Bringing Baby Home
* The Gottman Institute - Level II, Gottman Method Couples Therapy
* University of Chicago, Chicago Center for Family Health - Post-Masters Training in Families and Collaborative Healthcare
* Lectured and led workshops at University of Central Florida, Stetson University & Eckerd College
* Frequent presenter to churches, schools and community groups
* 2013 – 2020 – Monthly columnist for local publication, "A New View" in The Celebration News (circ. 12,000) on good personal and community emotional, social and mental health
* 2006 – 2008 – Bi-weekly columnist for local print newspaper, "A Healthy Outlook" in The Celebration Independent
* June, 2007 - Co-author, The Boomerang Bunch: A School-Based Multifamily Group Approach for Students and Their Families Recovering from Parental Separation and Divorce, The Journal for Specialists in Group Work
* July, 2005 - Author, Love Letters (short story), The Family Journal, national award winner
* 2004 - Author, Mom’s College Handbook series (Workbook for parents), Airplane Publishing Company. ISBN No. 0-9702405-9-7